Located in the city of Glasgow, Maryhill has one of the highest crime rates in the city, ranking twelfth in a recent study carried out by Glasgow Times newspaper.
Glasgow saw more recorded crimes than any other council area in Scotland with nearly 20,000 offences being committed. Of these, around 4,000 were of a violent or sexual nature.
But, by the grace of God, a church is being planted in the heart of Maryhill.
Our work in Maryhill is led by Tommy Millar along with his wife Lorne, who is the women’s worker. They are assisted by gospel worker Brian Arlow and have a small core team of church members.
Currently they do not have a building and are meeting in a local cafe that have graciously opened their doors.
The need is great in Maryhill, a vast scheme with few gospel churches. They need your support.
Current needs for prayer:
- Give God thanks for the growth we’ve seen lately. Many are internationals and we want to care and disciple them well.
- Pray for the salvation of local people too, many who we are building meaningful friendships with.
- Pray for Brian Arlow as he continues his work as a gospel worker.
- Pray for accommodation for future interns so that we can build on our team.
- Pray for a permanent premises for our church plant.
Join the work God is doing in Maryhill through the work of 20schemes!
Sign up to receive monthly updates by email. We will share updates and requests for prayer from Maryhill and other areas of 20schemes ministry.
We rely completely on the financial support of our generous supporters. Could you make a one-off gift or sign up to regular giving for Maryhill?
Maryhill desperately needs mature Christians to come and make Jesus known. Whether short or long-term, is God calling you to serve Him in the schemes of Scotland?