An exciting opportunity has arisen to bring a Production Technician into the core team, as we seek to grow our prayerful, financial, and physical support here in Scotland, around the UK and the world.
An occupational requirement applies in terms of the Equality Act (part 1, schedule 9). This post requires the occupant to have a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, and to believe that the Bible is fully trustworthy, in all that it affirms, and the highest authority for faith and life in keeping with 20schemes’ statement of faith. These principles require to be applied alongside the professional skills required in this role.
The successful candidate will work in the Communications team and answer to the Communications Manager but will take the lead on creating high-quality video and audio content for our media channels and at live events.
- Salary: [£18,875 – £25,602] dependent on experience
- Full Time (38hrs) – These hours are flexible given the nature of the position. Some evenings and weekends are required. Regular out-of-town travel to our 20schemes churches across Scotland.
- 6 weeks annual leave, 5 statutory public holidays will be observed.
- Ordinarily, based at Niddrie Community Church in the east of Edinburgh with some flexibility to work from home.
- Initial 1 year contract, extended if performance indicators are met.
- Applications can only be considered from UK citizens or those who otherwise have the right to work in the UK.
- All job offers are subject to completion of references and vetting checks.
All responsibilities are to be discharged with discernment, integrity and wisdom to reflect and promote our message of the transformative power of the Lord Jesus.
Production of all video and audio material for 20schemes events, fundraising, promotion and training materials
- Storyboard testimony videos – film and edit all content
- Manage all incoming projects requested by the Communications Manager (i.e. Christmas Challenge fundraiser videos, conference promos, book promos etc) Film and edit all content.
Production of the UNCUT podcast
- Curate guests to ensure enough content (in tandem with directors and communications manager) for a podcast to be released every month and schedule time for host and guest(s) to be in studio
- Film and edit all UNCUT content, including soundbites for social media platforms.
Manage all video and audio platforming sites
- These include (but are not limited to) YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, Apple Music and Spotify. Content produced by our 20schemes Music ministry is managed by the Music Co-ordinator.
AV management for all Weekender conferences and various associated events upon request of the Communications Manager
- Coordinate a team of videographers, sound desk operators and any other roles necessary.
- Ensure the livestream of conference sessions.
- Edit all post-conference content and upload to various channels.
- A commitment to the core mission of 20schemes, that you seek to see Scotland’s schemes transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- A confident grasp of camera and sound recording, interviewing ability and editing.
- You need to be a visual storyteller – can you put together a testimony video or an update from one of our church plants and tell an engaging story?
- Working knowledge of an editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Audition & After Effects, Final Cut Pro and others is required.
- Experience working in the charity sector is desirable, especially the Christian charity sector.
- Degree educated, especially in the areas of media, production or journalism. Although this is desired, it is not a role requirement, and we will consider applicants who have equivalent levels of skills or knowledge.
- Experience in event planning with a particular emphasis on the production aspect of events is desirable.
- To be or become a member at a 20schemes church plant in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
To apply please download the application form below, complete it and upload it along with a CV to the secure OneDrive folder linked at the bottom of the application form. Make sure you name files clearly eg. “John-Smith-Production-Technician-Application”.
CV’s submitted without a form (or vice-versa) cannot be considered as an application.
Any questions about this role or about the application process please contact [email protected].
We are always looking for people who feel called by God to come and work in the schemes as a church planter, gospel worker, ministry intern or volunteer as a short term intern.
You can find out more about this at the link below.