Job Title: Ministry Intern
Location: Scotland - church plant in a housing scheme
20schemes seeks to send gospel-worker missionaries to live and serve in the schemes of Scotland. This part-time position combines in-house training and practical ministry over two years, with a wide variety of activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Share the gospel message of the Christian faith
- Establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- Developing pastoral relationships
- Participate in or lead group activities (e.g. children’s groups, Bible studies)
- Ministry activities of the church as required (e.g. café, community activities)
- Assisting church leaders with organisation, administration and running of ministries
- Participate in general housekeeping
- Theological Training
- Experience working within a ministry context
- Experience working with people from complex backgrounds
Our roles are self-funded and all applicants are required to meet a fundraising goal before beginning their role. Salary range £12,962 to £17,784 full time equivalent, dependent on age and experience.
20schemes is the church planting and training ministry of Niddrie Community Church based in Edinburgh. We have a rolling recruitment programme for the positions listed. Interviews take place during March and September. Applications need to be submitted 2 months in advance of the interview period.
The closing dates for our recruitment cycles are 31st December and 31st July.
This role may involve working with children or vulnerable adults. Niddrie Community Church is committed to safeguarding. All applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks.