Job Title: Ministry Intern
Location: Scotland - Church Plant in a Housing Scheme
20schemes seeks to send gospel-worker missionaries to live and serve in the schemes of Scotland. This part-time position combines in-house training and practical ministry over two years, with a wide variety of activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Share the gospel message of the Christian faith
- Pastorally care for individuals within the church body and community
- Establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- Participate in or lead group activities (e.g. children’s groups, Bible studies)
- Ministry activities of the church as required (e.g. café, community activities)
- Participate in general housekeeping
- Theological Training
- Experience working within a ministry context
- Experience working with people from complex backgrounds
This role includes enrolment at the Ragged School of Theology and a part-time work placement of 20hours+, based within a church plant in a housing scheme in Scotland. Our roles are self-funded and all applicants are required to meet a fundraising goal before beginning their role. Salary range [£12,745 to £17,784] full-time equivalent, dependent on age and experience.
20schemes is the church planting and training ministry of Niddrie Community Church based in Edinburgh. We have a rolling recruitment programme for the positions listed. Interviews take place during March and September. Applications need to be submitted 2 months in advance of the interview period. The closing date for the current cycle is 31st December 2020.
This role may involve working with children or vulnerable adults. Niddrie Community Church is committed to safeguarding. All applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks.