Job Title: Gospel Worker
Location: Scotland – Church Plant in a Housing Scheme
We are looking for gospel-worker missionaries to live and serve in the schemes of Scotland.
A gospel worker is a long-term position for men and women. The applicant will specialise in a particular area: church planter associate, women’s worker, pastoral assistant, or youth worker. Gospel workers serve as part of a church-planting team, aiming to be positive role models, faithful friends, and committed evangelists in the schemes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Share the gospel message of the Christian faith
- Become familiar with needs of the area through surveys, interviews, etc.
- Assist the Church Planter with any duties associated with establishing a healthy church
- Assist with development of local and international partners for financial and prayer support
- Disciple new believers and establish discipleship relationships between church members
- Establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- 20schemes Ministry Internship (2 Year) or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in ministry area
- Experience working within a ministry context
- Experience working with people from complex backgrounds
This role is full-time and will be within a church plant in a housing scheme in Scotland. Our roles are self-funded and all applicants are required to meet a fundraising goal before beginning their role. Salary range is £19,085 – £26,320. Starting salary is dependent on experience.
20schemes is the church planting and training ministry of Niddrie Community Church based in Edinburgh. We have a rolling recruitment programme for the positions listed. Interviews take place during March and September. Applications need to be submitted 2 months in advance of the interview period. The closing date for the current cycle is 31st December 2020.
This role may involve working with children or vulnerable adults. Niddrie Community Church is committed to safeguarding. All applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks.