Job Title: Gospel Worker
Location: Scotland – church plant in a housing scheme
A gospel worker is a long-term position for men and women. The applicant will specialise in a particular area: church planter associate, women’s worker, pastoral assistant, or youth worker. Gospel workers serve as part of a church-planting team, aiming to be positive role models, faithful friends, and committed evangelists in the schemes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Share the gospel message of the Christian faith
- Assist the Church Planter with any duties associated with establishing a healthy church
- Pastorally care for, support and counsel individuals within the church and community
- Recruit, train and co-ordinate work of volunteers and junior staff
- Disciple new believers and establish and support discipleship relationships
- Help establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- Become familiar with needs of the area through surveys, interviews, etc.
- Assist with development of local and international partners for financial and prayer support
- 20schemes Ministry Internship (2 Year) or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in ministry area
- Experience working within a ministry context
- Experience working with people from complex backgrounds
This role is full-time and will be within a church plant in a housing scheme in Scotland. Our roles are self-funded and all applicants are required to meet a fundraising goal before beginning their role. This fundraising goal will be increased to cover the cost of additional family members. Salary range is £22,902 – £34,216. Starting salary is dependent on experience.
20schemes is the church planting and training ministry of Niddrie Community Church based in Edinburgh. We have a rolling recruitment programme for the positions listed. Interviews take place during March and September. Applications need to be submitted 2 months in advance of the interview period. The closing dates for our recruitment cycles are 31st July and 31st December 2021.
This role may involve working with children or vulnerable adults. Niddrie Community Church is committed to safeguarding. All applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks.