Job Title: Church Planter
Location: Scotland – Church Plant in a Housing Scheme
We are looking for church-planting missionaries to live and serve in the housing schemes of Scotland. Church Planters will commit to serve long-term and plant gospel-preaching churches.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preaching, teaching, and leading worship
- Share the gospel message of the Christian faith
- Develop a strategy for a church plant and lead a church-planting team
- Develop local and international partners for financial and prayer support
- Train team members in evangelism, discipleship, and church planting
- Disciple new believers and establish discipleship relationships between church members
- Pastorally care for individuals within the church body and community
- Establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- Master of Divinity, BA Theology and/or pastoral experience
- Experience working within a ministry context
- Experience working with people from complex backgrounds
This role is full-time and will be within a church plant in a housing scheme in Scotland. Our roles are self-funded and all applicants are required to meet a fundraising goal before beginning their role. Salary range is £21,180 – £32,345. Starting salary is dependent on experience.
20schemes is the church planting and training ministry of Niddrie Community Church based in Edinburgh. We have a rolling recruitment programme for the positions listed. Interviews take place during March and September. Applications need to be submitted 2 months in advance of the interview period. The closing date for the current cycle is 31st December 2020.
This role may involve working with children or vulnerable adults. Niddrie Community Church is committed to safeguarding. All applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks.