This post is also available in: Portuguese (Brazil)
Building Healthy Gospel-centred churches for Scotland’s poorest communities
Our long term desire is to see Scotland’s housing schemes transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ through the revitalisation and planting of gospel-preaching churches, ultimately led by a future generation of indigenous church leaders.
To that end we will initiate a church planting and revitalisation effort by recruiting training supporting and sending church planters, female outreach workers, ministry apprentices, and short-term interns to work part of church planting teams within Scotland’s housing schemes.
We believe that building healthy, gospel-preaching churches in Scotland’s poorest communities will bring true, sustainable, and long-term renewal to Scotland’s schemes.
Goals: How will we do this?
- Identify 20 schemes as priority areas
- Identify, where possible, church revitalisation partners in those schemes
- Recruit Church Planters, Female Outreach Workers, and Ministry Apprentices to send into those schemes
- Develop Church Partners to support and resource our work in the schemes
- Invest in indigenous leaders by providing training, resources, and support